Company: International Rescue Committee
Job Title: HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC)Counselor
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
The HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC) counselor shall be responsible for delivery of high quality community based HIV Testing and Counseling services to clients as per National and International HTC guidelines. S/he will be supervised by the BCC Officer.
- Provide HIV testing and counseling services to both couples and individual clients.
- Actively participate in condom promotion and distribution including refilling of condom dispensers.
- Participate actively and offer support required during National HTC - RRI campaigns.
- Maintain provider – client confidentiality at all times as per the National counseling code of ethics
- Ensure and monitor appropriate referral of clients to psycho - social support, care & treatment.
- Follow - up on sero - positive clients referred for care & treatment to ensure successful access / linkage to care & treatment.
- Maintain appropriate IEC materials/resources necessary for the HTC providers and community at large.
- Regularly attend support supervision in accordance with the minimal requirements of the National guidelines for HTC.
- Conduct Quality Assurance / Quality Control activities as per National guidelines in all testing sites i.e. Proficiency Testing & DBS.
- Ensure quality, authentic and accurate HIV activities records are maintained and kept.
- Compile and submit timely and accurate reports to the supervisor as per deadlines provided and agreed to..
- Actively participate in community mobilization, awareness , sensitization and promotion for Evidence Based Interventions (EBI’s) at individual, family and community levels.
- Any other duties as may be directed by supervisor.
- Must have undergone ‘O’ level / KCSE or equivalent.
- Must be a NASCOP / Liverpool VCT trained HTC Counselor
- Trained / experienced in HTC QA / QC
- Training in any other HIV prevention intervention is an added advantage.
- Willing and ready to work in remote / interior regions of Turkana County.
- Experience in HIV Counseling and Testing
- At least two years experience in community work in Turkana
- Experience in working with CBOs/FBOs/NGO’s is and added advantage
- Fluency in Turkana language will be an added advantage
- Team player.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC Kenya leading the way from harm to home. IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please Note: Interested candidates subscribe to Knowkenya.org to receive on-line information related to: Latest Kenya Jobs 2012, Vacancies, Results 2012, Recruitment, Bank Recruitment 2012, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe via email and all these direct to you inbox…Subscribe to Know Kenya by Email