Saferworld is seeking an experienced Finance manager to join our Africa team in Nairobi. The person appointed will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and transparent management of finances for programmes in Kenya/Horn region in line with recognised accounting/auditing standards and Saferworld procedures.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Line Manager: Head of Programme, Kenya & Horn of Africa
Ref. No.: FMN
Deadline: 6 March 2012
To manage a transparent financial management system that supports Saferworld’s programmes in the Kenya & Horn of Africa region
Finance Director and Financial Controller (UK), Somalia Country Manager and Deputy Country Manager, Kenya Programme Manager, Somalia-based finance officers
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage Nairobi-based team (currently two staff) and provide technical oversight of one Somalia-based staff member responsible for keeping financial records and performing financial procedures (receipts, payments, petty cash, payroll), including records of Kenyan and Somali activities of Saferworld
- Lead development and maintenance of robust financial controls (bank reconciliations and other control accounts, performance management data, etc)
- Oversee staff to ensure accurate data entry into the Quickbooks ledger accounting system, lead improvement and system enhancement work, ensuring good housekeeping
- Lead reporting to Saferworld colleagues, donors and London head office. Focus on continuous improvement
- Effectively organise and manage internal and external audits
- Produce statutory (legal) accounts and other legal returns for Kenya and Somalia
- Develop strong relationships with all Saferworld colleagues (Nairobi, Somalia, and London) to enhance their understanding of Finance and build their knowledge
- Provide training and on-going support to partner organisations so that they effectively and transparently manage their funds.
- Liaise and coordinate the logistics for external donor audits as per donor policies
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject (Economics / Accounting / Finance or Business Administration) or relevant work experience.
- A recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, CPA,etc)
- At least three years’ experience in financial management/administration ideally within an non-governmental organisation (NGO)
- Experience of computerised accounting software (QuickBooks or Sage) and an aptitude for system improvements and developments
- Experience of developing and improving financial systems
- Experience of management financial reporting
Terms and Conditions
- Probation: There will be a probationary period of three months.
- Salary Range: KSH 3,400,523 – 4,007,700 gross per annum
- Benefits: Pension contribution, life insurance, medical insurance
- Holidays: 28 days holiday a year (Jan-Dec) in addition to relevant public holidays.
- Hours: Full-time position 37.5 hours/week. However, the demands of the job are likely to be such that a willingness to work longer hours, as required, will be necessary.
How to Apply:
To apply please email full CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the selection criteria to Marie Aziz at email@example.com (please use subject heading: Refer No.). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please Note: Interested candidates subscribe to Knowkenya.org to receive on-line information related to: Latest Kenya Jobs 2012, Vacancies, Results 2012, Recruitment, Bank Recruitment 2012, Oil & Gas Jobs or much more subscribe via email and all these direct to you inbox…Subscribe to Know Kenya by Email